Friday, June 3, 2011

4 months old & visit to St Jude

Dylan is now 4 months old! The time has flown by. At his 4 month checkup he weighed 13lbs 14oz. I cant believe only a few months ago we were spending our days in the NICU with a preemie. He smiles all the time and now laughs, although I'm still waiting for a nice big belly laugh :) He also loves to stick his tongue out & just recently started mocking me when I stick mine out. He still hates tummy time but I try to at least give him as much time as he will allow on his tummy each day. We started him on rice cereal as soon as he turned 4 months. He didn't like it at first but now seems to enjoy it. I spoon feed it to him each night before bedtime. Dylan is now sleeping through the night!!! He started sleeping 6-7 hours a night, right before he turned 4 months and since he has been on cereal he now sleeps 8-10 hours each night. I am so happy to finally have some much needed rest! He has also started to teethe..The Dr couldn't believe it. She said his gums were very swollen which explained his excessive drooling lately. For the most part he has done pretty well, just a little fussy now & then. Dylan also has started to suck his thumb. I know its not the best habit for him to have but I have to admit he looks adorable when he is sleeping with his thumb in his mouth.



We are so happy that summer weather is finally here! I have been making a habit of taking morning walks most days of the week as long as it is not too hot. I like to get Dylan out in the fresh air & I love having the exercise. Now that he is a little older I have become more comfortable taking him to the YMCA daycare while I work out. I am still pretty cautious about germs & try to only go when I know it wont be too crowded.

We made our second trip to the zoo a couple weeks ago. Once again Dylan slept most of the time but I enjoyed the nice weather & exercise. Keri & Taylor came with us this time. It was Taylor's first time so it was so fun to see her excitement towards all the animals. I cant wait till Dylan is a little older & can enjoy it like she did.




We made our 1st road trip as a family of 3 :) Dylan did awesome!! We went to Memphis over Memorial day weekend to visit our dear friends Mike, Amanda & Hayli Nobles. They have been at St Judes hospital since Jan because Hayli was diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia. It was Amanda's 30th birthday so some of her family & close friends made the trip to Memphis to throw her a surprise party. We had a blast!! She was so surprised & excited to see everyone. I was so happy to be able to visit with Amanda. She has been one of my best friends for many years & it has been very hard not seeing her. She has been through so much the past few months & I am so grateful that she got to spend some time with her loved ones. We are so happy that Hayli is doing so well & that they will be able to come home soon. After the party Mike & Amanda came to the hotel where everyone was staying. We all went out to dinner to celebrate Amanda's big 3 0. I was so happy that She finally got to meet Dylan :)




The surprise party was thrown at the at The Tiger Wood's Pavilion at the Target House where they have been living the past 5 months. My sister came with us on the trip so she could stay at the hotel with Dylan while we were at the party. I would have LOVED for Dylan to be able to meet sweet Hayli but want her to stay as healthy as possible & didn't want to risk Dylan spreading any germs. I know that Dylan & Hayli will be able to meet once they are home. I sure hope they get along because I am already planning their wedding! LOL

During our trip we were able to tour the Target House & parts of St Judes Hospital. AMAZING is all I can say. Everything is so beautiful. I am so happy that the families that are there have access to such a wonderful  place. So many people including many celebrities have donated time & money to make everyone's stay there the best it can possibly be.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment