Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August : Hope for Hayli, 7 Months & My 30th!!

It wasn't until I sat down to write this that I realized how much we have done the past month!

August 6th- Hope for Hayli

As most of you know our very good friends Mike & Amanda had been at St Judes Research Hospital with their daughter Hayli. Hayli was diagnosed with a very high risk cancer in January. When Hayli was diagnosed my Mom & I immediately decided we wanted to plan a fundraiser for them. We had the pleasure to team up with Allen Lane & Hometown Pizza & the planning for Hope for Hayli Concert began. Allen was in charge of all the music, Hometown provided the place & donated 20% of their sales that night to the Nobles family. With the help of many people we had a fun night with Great Music, Raffles, Silent Auction & activities for kids. It was so much fun & a successful night. The Mayor of Lagrange even declared Aug 6th 2011 "Hayli Ann Nobles Day". Mike, Amanda & Hayli have been such an inspiration to our community & it was so nice to show them the support they so well deserved. Since the event,  Hayli is HOME & in REMISSION.  She definitely has shown us strength comes in many sizes & "Even Miracles Take A Little Time"




August 20 - 23rd
When I turned 28 I told Ryan that for my 30th Birthday I wanted to celebrate in VEGAS!!! When I found out I was pregnant my due date was March 5th..We still would talk about my 30th bday plans..we would talk about how Dylan would be 5 months old & although we would be sad,  by then it would be easier to leave him for a few days....I WAS VERY WRONG!! Since Dylan came 6 weeks early,  he was just a few days away from turning 7 months when we left for Vegas bright & early Saturday August 20th. I had very bad anxiety weeks leading up to the trip... I contemplated ways to cancel the trip...& I cried just thinking about it. I knew Dylan would be in wonderful hands. My mom was going to stay at our house with him & our dog Shelby. The hardest part for me was knowing for 3 days I would not wake up & see his adorable grin & I wouldn't be able to go into his room each night and kiss him on the forehead while he was sleeping. I left notes EVERYWHERE for my mom. Even though she already watches him 2 days a week I wanted to make sure any & every question she may have was answered. That morning I was fine until Dylan woke up, I was an emotional mess. Keri & Brian met us at our house. After my many goodbyes I finally got in the car with them & headed to the airport. I did pretty well once we were on the road,  I will admit I was holding back the tears because Keri & Brian were in the car with us. It probably would have been a different story if Ryan & I were alone!








Once we got to Vegas I was much better. My mom was amazing and sent me lots of pics & text letting me know everything Dylan was doing. I knew he was having a blast so it was time for me to do the same. The guys surprised us with a limo at the airport to take us to the hotel. We had 3 days of relaxing, hanging out at the pool, gambling & a little sight seeing. It was a wonderful way to spend my last day of my 20's & my first couple of my 30's. Time went by so quickly & before I knew it I was back on the plane & more than excited to see my baby boy!

I am so glad that I went. Before this trip I had never left Dyan overnight. Now it will be much easier for Ryan & I to leave him overnight in the future. I will admit...It will be a LONG time before I am ready to leave him for more than a night.

The day after we got back from Vegas Dylan turned 7 months old. He now has 4 bottles a day ( 7 1/2 oz) & eats baby food 3 times a day. He loves all fruit, oatmeal & all the orange vegetables. I have a very hard time getting hm to eat green beans or peas. He continues to go to daycare 2 times a week & really seems to enjoy it. He continues to be such a happy baby. He had his first ear infection right before we left for Vegas. He had a day or two of restless nights & fussiness but for the most part he still remained happy. He also has been cutting teeth like crazy. As of this moment ( at 7 1/2 months) he has 4 teeth & 6 coming in on the top! last week we took him to the Dr because he was not himself & I thought he probably had another ear infection. The Dr said his ears were fine but the reason he was so grumpy was because he had 6 teeth on top all coming through at the same time. She said within 2 weeks they would make their way through his gums. I knew he was teething & could see 2 teeth trying to come through but had idea it was so many!!!

Dylan has CRAZY hair these days! No matter what we do it sticks straight up. Its adorable, occasionally we will fix it into a Mohawk :)


Dylan is very close to sitting up on his own but he still needs a little support.  Dylan weighed 16lbs 14oz at his last Dr visit. I just ordered him a convertible car seat for the car because I know he will be outgrowing his infant seat very soon. It still amazes me how much he changes each month. Now when I see newborns I cant believe Dylan was ever that small ( & in a lot of cases even smaller), It is crazy how quickly you forget :(

September 2nd 2011-
Now that Hayli is much better & home, the day I have been waiting for finally came...Dylan & Hayli met for the first time. It was so cute. I am so happy we were able to get a few good pictures! Hayli was so sweet & Dylan just watched her as she played in his room with all the toys. I have a feeling they will be life long friends & who knows maybe even one day Hayli can officially be apart of our family as Hayli Sale!!! Sorry I cant help but to dream...LOL



September 3rd-4th
Ryan's very good friend Mike Lloyd got married labor day weekend. They had a beautiful wedding outside at Whitehall Gardens. I was so thankful that the weather not only cooled down for their big day but also that the rain held off. The original plan was Dyan would go to rehearsal with us on Sat & he would stay overnight with my mom Sunday for the wedding. Ryan & I were excited not only to be able to go to the wedding but also to have a night out with our friends. A few hours before the wedding my mom had to cancel because my sister's car was broke down in Lexington. She felt horrible but I completely understood & decided Dylan would now be my date to the wedding! He was so good. Luckily he took a nice long nap on the way, during ceremony & even into the reception. The rest of night we danced & he got to meet many people & hang out with several of our out of town friends. We didn't leave til 10:30pm!!! He was such a trooper. We all had a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment