Friday, March 25, 2011

March Madness

We have had a busy couple of weeks...

We celebrated Ryan's 29th birthday by having dinner with friends & family. Ryan has been working a lot of overtime lately so it was nice to have 2 nights that we could go out & have dinner with everyone.

I cant believe it is already time for me to go back to work! The past 8 weeks have flown by. I spent the last week of my leave trying to fit in last minute Dr appointments & doing some spring cleaning. My family Dr is now in charge of monitoring my blood pressure. Since I was on such a low dose he told me to stop taking it and monitor my BP at home. I would then follow up with him in 2 weeks. He said if my BP went 130/90 or higher to start taking my meds again. Unfortunately I was only off of the medication for a day and my BP was 139/90 so I had to resume taking them :( I still have 20 pounds to lose till I am back to my pre pregnancy weight. I am hoping that once the weight is off my blood pressure will go back to normal. I meet with my Dr again on Monday so I am anxious to see what he thinks. Until then I am trying to watch my sodium intake the best I can. I never realized how much sodium is in some of my favorite foods!

March has been an exciting month. Dylan had his first "friend over" LOL. Taylor & Brian came over one night to watch the UL game. We had so much fun with Taylor. I think she had a fun playing with all of Dylan's toys. She was very gentle with him. I cant wait for him to get more mobile so they can interact & play together. We joke that Taylor will be his future girlfriend! We definitely will have to convert her to a Cards fan before they can date!!! LOL

We didn't do much for St Patrick's day but I made sure I got plenty of pics of Dylan in all his Irish gear. My family is very big on our Irish heritage so I had to get Dylan off to a good start :) He looked so cute in all his green.


The most exciting part of March was the day Dylan rolled over for the first time. He was exactly 7 weeks & I put him on his tummy for some tummy time. Next thing I knew he rolled over to his back. I was in shock.  I put him back on his tummy and he did it again. Ryan grabbed the video camera but of course we could not get him to do it a third time. A week later we tried again & finally got it on camera. It was so exciting.


My first day back to work went very well. I thought for sure I would cry all the way to work. I think it helped that I was really busy that day & I knew he was in good hands at home with my mom. As soon as I got home from work I held & loved on Dylan the rest of the night. I cant get enough of him. Mom will be watching him on Wed & my sister will be watching him on Thursdays. They both just love to spend time with him.  They want to watch him as much as they can.  When Ryan gets off work he is home with Dylan for a few hours till I get home. Ryan is such a great dad. He is very involved and is always there to pitch in & help. I am so thankful to have him.





It amazes me that Dylan is already 2 months old!! I think I fall in love with him more each day.  He had his 2 month check up just the other day. He now weighs 10 1/2 pounds! He has gained almost 5 pounds since we came home from hospital ( 6 weeks ago). He has been on a high calorie formula so that definitely has helped. The Dr said he can now start on regular formula.  He had to get 3 shots that day... I think I cried more than he did! He took it like a champ :)
He is beginning to smile alot. I love that he recognizes mine & Ryan's voices and looks at us when we start to talk. He laughs in his sleep sometimes..it makes me wonder what he dreams about. I cant wait till he starts laughing when he is actually awake. He still sleeps alot  & we are still working on  sleeping longer at night. He eats every 4 hours so by the time he is fed & changed I get about 3 hours at a time at night. I have adjusted and I know it is only a matter of time before he starts sleeping longer.  There have been a few times he has gone 5 hours between feedings  but nothing consistent just yet.

I am enjoying seeing him change and learn new things each day. Everyone tells me "they grow up so fast" so I am just trying to cherish each milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment