Thursday, February 10, 2011

Delivery Day

Mon Jan 24th (34 weeks 3 days)- starting around 10pm sunday night I started feeling contractions again, by midnight I told Ryan it was time to go to the hospital. They were starting to get very intense and only 5 minutes apart. Once we arrived at Tri County I was taken to labor & delivery. They checked me & I was a fingertip dialated. They tried fluids & meds once again to stop the contractions. This time nothing would work.  Around 9 am they decided to transport me to Norten Suburban hospital. It was looking like the baby was going to come & we would need to have the neonatal unit for his care. I couldnt believe that I was in labor 6 weeks early!
Once at Suburban my water broke & I was 4 cm dialated. By this time the contractions were so painful I couldnt wait to get that epidural. Around 11am my prayers were answered & I got the epidural..from this point on I was pain free. Around 3pm I was 10 cm dialted & waiting on the Dr to get there. I had now been in labor 17 hours! Dr arrived & I started to push. I pushed for an hour and a half with no luck. Dylan wouldnt budge. Dr said Dylan was face up & it seemed the way he was positioned was making it impossible for him to come out. We came to the the decsion that a C Section would be the best choice. I remember thinkng to myself.. in just a short time I will be holding my son.
At this point my body had been pumped with fluids from Tri County, more fluids at Suburban, steriods for Dylan's lung development, & morphine. Because of this I was begining to swell, which at the time we all assumed was because of all the fluids. I was officially ready for C Section to begin.







After 21 hours of labor...Dylan Madden Sale arrived at 7:09pm on Jan 24th 2011 he was 5lbs 13oz & 19 inches long. Ryan was able to bring him over to me while the Dr was putting in my staples. I was so sad that I couldnt hold him. The number one thing I had been looking forward to as far as delivery was having the skin to skin contact with my son. Our plan had been for Ryan & I to have an hour with just us & Dylan after delivery. Because of his 6 week early arrival Dyaln was quickly taken to the NICU & I was taken to recovery.  Once I got to recovery I was told I would be there an hour, then I would be able to go visit Dylan in the NICU.  This was until they discovered my blood pressure was really high. They now told me if they couldnt get my blood pressure down I would be in recovery all night. I was so upset because all I wanted to do was see my son. They gave me an anxiety pill to calm me down.( I had asked them to give me something)  This is my last memory...I have no memory of the next 3 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment