Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Child Of Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine lyrics
Sheryl Crow Version


He's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see his face
It takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

He's got eyes of the bluest skies
And if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
His hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by

Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine

As soon as I decided to start this blog & I had to name it...this song instantly popped into my head. Now I can get it out of my head..at least it is an awesome song. Because of this I will always associate this song to Dylan.
I am enjoying my time at home with Dylan so much. I can not get enough of him. I would be perfectly content just staring at him all day long. I also would be fine with holding him all day but I dont. I know better than that! Trust me he is still getting his fair share of spoiling.
He changes everyday.  Now that he is filling out a little more I think he is looking like a mixture of Ryan & I. When he was first born he was a mini Ryan Sale! His cheeks are now looking fuller like mine and he definitely has the "Sabo" chin. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he has my long eyelashes..its still too hard to tell.
Dylan is very active with his arms. Now I know what all those jabs were in my belly. It was all his kung fu hand moves !! LOL Its very entertaining to watch. He also likes to sleep with his arms straight up which ironically I did the same as a baby. ( its actually a running joke in my family " everytime you looked Brooke had those arms up") Ha also has a wide range of facial expressions. My favorite are his smiles..they just make me melt.  He has been trying to find & suck on his thumb since he was in the womb. He has found it a couple times but hasnt figuired out the concept of keeping it in his mouth. It will only be a matter of time. Ryan & I both were thumb suckers as children.
I am so happy his clothes are finally starting to fit. He was too big for preemies but too small for newborn clothes when he was born. Most of his pants are still too long but at least his sleepers & onsies now fit. He has so many adorable outfuits that people have bought him. I cant wait to have him wear them.
Dylan got his first official bath on Saturday ( 2/12/11) He did NOT like it one bit!! Hopefully he will like them the more we do it.  We did get some nice pictures that we can use to embarrass him when he has his first date over! LOL

This weekend Dawnyel, Allen, Barbara & Briahna all got to visit Dylan. Barbara got to see him at the hospital but it was everyone elses first time. They brought us dinner & we had a great visit. Brad & Amanda Woolums stopped by too!  On Sunday Debbie & Mark came over & also brought us dinner! We can definitely get use to this!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment