Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grandparents Day

Tuesday
2/15/11-

Today was Dylan's first official trip out in public ( besides Dr appointment). I asked my mom to spend the day with us whie we made a few stops. I figuired my first outing with him I may need back up LOL. First we made a quick stop at Babies R Us to exchange a few things, then the real fun began.

Next we decided to make a suprise visit at DeDe's work ( Ryan's Mom) She was very excited to see us & a few of her customers got to meet Dylan.  DeDe owns a hair salon in louisville, this is the same salon that I work at. There are only a few of us that work on Tuesdays so we will have to go back on another day soon so Dylan can meet more of my coworkers. It was so nice to see the ones that were there yesterday. I am not quite missing the "work" part of life yet, but I do miss the interaction with all my coworkers/friends. I think I will be ready to go back once my maternity leave is up. Although I know I am going to have a hard time leaving him those first few times. Im just happy I still have 4 1/2 weeks left!

Our next stop was to visit my grandparents. G.G & Ho Ho were so excited that Dylan was coming to visit them & they would finally get to meet him.  Since all of ( both Dylan & I ) our complications in the hospital very few of our family members have met Dylan.  G.G. held Dylan and loved on him most of our visit. She did share him with Ho Ho and of course he showered Dylan with love as well. They said he  was adorabe & perfect  ( of course I think the same!)  Nonna & Poppy ( my parents) were there too..so Dylan had an entire day of being spoiled by grandparents. I think everyone had permament smiles on their faces.


Wednesday
2/16/11

Today Dylan got to visit once again with Nonna, Poppy & Aunt B. After Nonna & Poppy left, Aunt B & I decided to take Dylan out on his first walk around the neighborhood. After about 10 minutes of trying to figuire out the stroller...we were on our way! Dylan slept the whole time but I really enjoyed being in the fresh air.



I have only been out of the house/ hospital a few times in the past 3 /1/2 weeks! My Dr gave me the ok to start some light walking and weightlifting so this was my first attempt. I wish I could just run to the gym and jump in an aerobics class but I know that I have to ease into it. I have 23 pounds left to lose & I am so ready to start a full on exercise regimen again. As soon as my 6 weeks are up I am joining the Y so I can take advantage of the daycare while I do the classes. As of now, I am a member at snap fitness but unfortunately they have no classes or daycare so I have to cancel.  I know these things take time so I have a goal of being back into ( hopefully even better)  shape by my 30th bday.  That gives me 6 months to become a stronger & healthier version of me!  I had really gotten into working out & became very healthy before I became pregnant. I also worked out consistantly during my pregnancy, so these past  5 weeks of being unactive are killing me ( I hadnt worked out 2 weeks prior to delivery because I had been feeling so crummy).  Also gaining weight after delivery ( toxiemia) instead of losing it doesnt help either.  Im excited & ready for the challenge of a stronger me.  Ryan & I want to teach Dylan through example on how to lead a heathy lifestyle. Let the soreness begin!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment