Thursday, February 10, 2011

Leading up to Dylan's Arrival

I decided to write this blog mainly so I get get my story all documented so when Dylan is older he can read about the day he was born. I wanted to get it all down while all the details were fresh in my memory.  I also decide to write this because it seems everyone has a "story" about their delivery & it always,  in their mind is better than the next persons " story".  Im not saying that I have the best "Delivery Story" ever...but I do think that I had a rare experience that will be interesting to tell my son one day. I hope you enjoy my "story" .

 I also decided to start this blog so I can document all the milestones Dylan reaches during my maternity leave. This is the only time in his life that I will have 6 weeks completely decicated to him with no distractions. I want to take full advantage of keeping these memories where we can always look back & re visit.



Thurs Jan 20th-  ( 33 weeks 5 days) This was the day after my mom's 50th Bday. I worked at the salon all day and just didnt feel right. I was having a lot of back pain. I started having contractions about 11pm. Assumed it was Braxton Hicks & went to bed

Fri Jan 21st - (33 weeks 6 days) Woke up still having contractions and now they were 5 minutes apart. Ryan was at work so I had my mom take me to Tri County Hospital.  First they gave me 2 bags of fluid to hydrate me & to stop contractions. Once that didnt work they gave me a shot of meds ( dont remember the name) to try to stop it. After a second round of the meds they finally stopped. 

Sat Jan 22nd - (34 weeks) Woke up this morning with contractions again but not as close together & I felt like I was leaking fluid. We made another trip to Tri County. After keeping me a while they determined I was not leaking any fluid & sent me home. ( to this day I still believe I was)

Sun Jan 23rd-(34 weeks 2 days) Woke up feeling great!! It was an exciting day because my friends were throwing me a baby shower. Went to the shower & had a great time with my amazing friends. If I had only known that within the next 12 hours I would be in labor ....

No comments:

Post a Comment