Friday, February 11, 2011

There's No Place like Home

Sunday Feb 6th- We spent Superbowl Sunday at home. We are not going to take Dylan out for a while. We want to be very careful that he doesnt get sick. We are very anxious to have visitors but are trying to only have a few at a time. Once again because of germs and because it really disrupts his sleep/feeding schedule when too many people are here & taking turns holding him.

Sunday afternoon Dylan got to meet my very good friends Amanda & Keri. He also got to meet his Great Aunt Teresa ( or Aunt TT) We all had a nice visit. After being in the hospital for 2 weeks with no visitors..it was nice to see my friends and family again. Poor Dylan was worn out the rest of the day after their visit. Lesson learned : dont let a baby skip his nap...he was a little grumpy afterwards.

Later that night Ryan's Dad, Grandpa Charlie & Aunt Lyn came over to watch the superbowl. Dylan pretty much slept the entire time they were here. I was happy to get a picture of the guys since there are now 4 generations.


I actually went and layed down towards the end of the game. I was tired & decided to take advatage of resting when the baby sleeps. Although I cant complain. Dylan is a great baby.  A positive of staying at the hospital for almost 2 weeks is that the baby gets on a routine. Most people dont get to bring a 2 week old baby home,  who with the help of an entire nursing staff,  has him on a sleep & feeding schedule. Our first night home I fed him at midnight, layed him down then he slept till his 4 am feeding then slept again till 8! I was expecting being up all night. I also think God may have blessed us with a good baby since we went through so  much after delivery!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment